Human Resources Business Partner
400 Aviation Blvd. Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Our client in Santa Rosa is seeking an experienced HR generalist with a consultative approach to partnering with business on employee experience. This is a key role for our client' s organization with significant influence. In this role, incumbents will work on core HR (performance management, employee relations, workforce planning) while engaging other HR expertise in learning & development, talent acquisition, payroll, and compensation to achieve business objectives across divisions. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated expertise in consultative HR and bring a strategic approach to tactical tasks.
The HR Business Partner serves as a liaison with assigned business units to understand needs for HR services and works within HR to convert needs into actionable plans. The HR Business Partner maintains a strong focus on business need to assure HR team execution and service quality meets business unit expectations while assuring internal compliance with company policy and practice, external regulatory compliance and the general ethical and social obligations inherent in society. The HR Business partner is a key resource that works closely with the SVP, HR on strategic planning and direction to represent the HR function as a valued partner with business.
- Coordinates with assigned business leaders as a consultative resource; works closely with the SVP, HR to serve as the ‘ voice of the business’ with respect to the plans, ongoing activities, programs, and operational needs of the business.
- Continually assesses HR service delivery to the business to support the evolving needs of the AAC business units. Works closely with HR team members to foster a sense of ‘ continuous improvement’ throughout the team.
- Works closely with their team peers in Talent Acquisition to identify, develop and implement strategies for the acquisition and retention of staff.
- Provides workforce planning input and support related to assigned business units and builds bench strength in the by ensuring organization wide commitment to talent strategy and management, and succession planning process.
- Works closely with assigned business leaders to assure consistency and execution of the organization’ s performance management strategy.
- Establishes collaborative relationships throughout the Farm Credit System.
- Works closely with assigned business units to proactively monitor, analyze and identify strategic needs, gaps, and risks related to HR service delivery to the business. Leverages analytic reporting tools within HR to support business leaders with proactive analysis and evaluation of potential performance gaps, and development of strategies to close those gaps.
- Assists L&D resources with development and delivery of leadership development programs for assigned business units.
- Facilitates resolutions for assigned business units with respect to escalated employee relations issues.
- Works closely with the SVP, HR to identify and develop programs, policies and processes to meet the strategic people issues of the organization, including but not limited to, HR technology strategy and implementation.
- Champions a culture that promotes employee engagement and an environment where high performance is achieved with flexibility and adaptability to ongoing change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Highly collaborative interpersonal style and sense of teamwork.
- Minimum five years of Human Resources experience crossing multiple areas; strong knowledge of labor law, regulatory compliance and HR best practices.
- Human Resources Certification or other advanced training or human resource knowledge preferred.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to analyze situations, make independent decisions, prioritize to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and be a team player.
- Good knowledge of Human Resources
- Proficient in the use of HRIS software platforms, personal computers, word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail.
- High level of emotional intelligence to cultivate and build effective on-going relationships with management, employees and other internal and external stakeholders.