IT Systems Engineer
80 Technology Court Napa, CA 94558
Wine Industry client is seeking an IT Systems Engineer for their Napa Office. This is a Full Time/Permanent opportunity. Salary is $80k (38/hr.). Please apply if interested!
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies applications and configurations for warehouse management system including encoding, debugging and testing.
- IT business support for all Vin Lux functions (Admin, Warehouse, and Transportation) ensuring that each function can do their job as efficiently as possible.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies applications and configurations in JDEdwards sales, distribution & procurement module to support and enhance business processes.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies applications and configurations for routing system including encoding, debugging and testing.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies applications and configurations for customer portal website including encoding, debugging and testing.
- Leverages relevant process and technology expertise to propose appropriate solution options.
- Creates and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and source/target data mapping. Updates installation and operating procedures documentation.
- Maintains change management documentation and scheduling for software updates.
- Supports use of peripheral hardware with business systems, such as bar code readers, printers and hand held data collection devices.
- Helps identify deficiencies with the software and/or application design. Determines an appropriate plan to correct problems and assists project team when implementing upgrades.
- Acts as liaison with technical services group for application troubleshooting, or application performance issues.
- Performs education and training to appropriate end-user groups.
- Education: Bachelor’ s degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires 2-5 years of experience with Programming & entire Software Development Life Cycle with Microsoft .Net or similar technologies. Experience with SDM or Agile development preferred.
- Requires 2-5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server RDBMS & coding of SQL Stored Procedures.
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries DB2 is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, XML, XSLT & other web technologies.
- Experience with any Warehouse Management Software & Integration Software is a plus.
- Experience with JDE Edwards or any ERP system is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Exposure to Java programming,
- Experience with project management is a plus.
- Desire and ability to learn and embrace new and changing technologies, applications, and solutions.
- Track Record of taking conceptual ideas to a measurable systems solution.
- Strong quantitative and analytical aptitude, with extensive knowledge in data analysis and system solutions.
- Provide functional-level testing of software development.
- Work with Application service providers and application vendor support personnel to drive projects and support issues to resolution.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of the organization to effectively resolve software and hardware problems.
- Must be proficient with networked personal computers, productivity software and printers. Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with various cross-functional teams.
- Must possess time management skills and be able to meet deadlines.