Information Systems Technologist
Fort Irwin, CA 92310
Kavaliro is seeking candidates for the Information Systems Technologist II positions at Fort Irwin, CA. This position will be on the ATMP (Army Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations Maintenance Program) contract. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires a US Government SECRET clearance.
The primary responsibility is the system administration of the National Training Center Instrumentation System (NTC-IS). The candidate will be responsible for the administration, system configuration, application configuration and troubleshooting of a large-scale data center with multiple domains and a large mix of thin client, thick client workstations as well as remote laptops and tablet PC’ s in a complex fast paced DoD/ Army computing environment.
Experience with administration of Window Server 2008R2, 2012, Red Hat Linux, Window 7 and 10 workstations in a virtual environment is highly desirable. An ideal candidate will possess a working knowledge of vSphere, VMware and SolarWinds.
Responsibilities also include supporting a large number of end users in a high demand environment in a help desk support role. These responsibilities include management of Active Directory, GPO creation and modification, and backup and recovery of the Instrumentation System.
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science or Math, experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- The candidate must be Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT Level II) Certified in accordance with DOD Directive 8570.01-M within six (6) months of hire or hold a current CompTIA Security+ (CE) within six (6) months of hire.
- Prefer past work experience with NTC-IS.
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- US citizen and must have or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Common Access Card (CAC) and be allowed access to the Government Instrumentation System network.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a valid driver’ s license and Post driving privileges