Instructional Designer II
2600 Challenger Parkway Suite 200 Orlando, FL 32826
SUMMARY: The Instructional Designer is responsible for conducting required analyses and designing training materials for a variety of delivery methods including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based and mobile training.
* Relocation Assistance Not Available *
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use established methodologies in all stages of the instructional design process, including needs assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Conducting analyses and develop curriculum and associated products in multiple formats.
- Design engaging training materials for a variety of delivery methods, including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based, and mobile training.
- Develop and package training products using computer-based training (CBT) authoring systems.
- Work with Graphic Artists, Programmers, and Subject Matter Experts in the development of interactive multimedia courseware.
- Research and identify data sources for instructional material development and additional information needed for instructor and participant materials.
- Design interactive training materials that include sound instructional design methodology, appropriate training strategies, and participant activities for small and large groups.
- Develop evaluation tools for the assessment of trainee knowledge and performance.
- Perform work without appreciable direction.
- Scale design efforts to meet production timelines and targeted levels of interactivity.
- Keep abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods and techniques.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None at the current time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’ s Degree in related field with 5+ years of direct ISD experience or MA/MS in related field and 3+ years of direct ISD experience.
- Functional experience with authoring software is required, such as Evolution, Impression, Captivate, Dreamweaver, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in development of courseware training materials.
- Experience working with Military personnel.
- Experience using established methodologies in all stages of the instructional design process, including needs assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience developing courseware outlines, storyboards, graphic requests, onscreen lessons, instructor guides, trainee guides, test questions, and assessments.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Strong quality assurance/editing skills.