Instructional Designer III
2600 Challenger Parkway Suite 200 Orlando, FL 32826
SUMMARY: The Instructional Designer III is responsible for leading a team in the design of blended learning materials for a variety of delivery methods, including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based, and mobile training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team in the design of blended learning materials that include sound instructional design methodology, appropriate training strategies, and participant activities for small and large groups.
- Lead the development of engaging training materials for a variety of delivery methods, including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based, and mobile training.
- Under the direction of the Project/Program Manager, provide daily supervision to ensure project goals and budgets are being met.
- Assist Project Manager in recruiting and hiring staff for project when internal resources are not sufficient.
- Research and identify data sources for instructional material development and additional information needed for instructor and participant materials.
- Develop evaluation tools for the assessment of training needs and products.
- Direct efforts of project team, coach team members, provide frequent feedback on performance.
- Train team members in Instructional Systems Design (ISD) methodology.
- Develop solutions to complex problems through the use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Perform work without appreciable direction.
- Scale design efforts to meet production timelines and budget.
- Direct the production of media.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to acquire supporting materials.
- Keep abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Project/Program Manager, lead team of 3+ Instructional Designers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- MA/MS in related field with 10+ years direct ISD experience or BA/BS in related field with 12+ years direct ISD experience, and at least 5 years directly related supervisory experience.
- Experience using established methodologies in all stages of the instructional design process, including needs assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Use of authoring tools and related software for the purpose of producing multimedia training programs.
- Familiarization with implementation of ADL SCORM and ADA Section 508 into multimedia courseware.
- Experience working with military personnel.
- Superior time management, organizational and communication skills, and the ability to lead members of a team.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Strong quality assurance/editing skills.