Inventory Fulfillment Manager
425 Avation Blvd. Santa Rosa, CA 95403
The Inventory Fulfillment Manager is a critical part of the leadership group and will lead the team responsible for the day time receiving and product replenishing as well as ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and security of all inventory. In addition, will be responsible for the slotting of products to optimize operational efficiencies in a pic module and full warehouse to constantly reduce pick times and manage customer orders through to completion in all systems.
- Performs management duties (e.g. hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, increasing productivity and ensuring customer expectations are exceeded.
- Teach, train and develop team members for next level positions and team depth.
- Motivate team by means of positive reinforcement, clear expectations and visible leadership.
- Development of operational SOPs and Standardized Work Documents and ensure adherence.
- Responsible for and highly active in promoting a safe work environment.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing employee performance, rewarding and disciplinary actions of employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for new item setup, product returns, and evaluation of product shorts.
- Manage the day warehouse crew including the warehouse day supervisor, 7 warehouse personnel, inbound/outbound coordinator & assistant, and custodian.
- Responsible for the day receiving operation ensuring all items are received and ready to be ordered within 48 hours per our customer contractual commitment.
- Pick and stage all will call/distributor orders/chains and common courier pick-ups in accordance with our customer contractual commitment.
- Responsible for all product replenishments to ensure the 2nd shift picking crew is as efficient as possible.
- Review daily plans, priorities, and assignments, and effectively communicate and assign duties to the warehouse team
- Meet with the team at the start of every shift to establish or adjust work assignments to meet warehouse demands as dictated by daily work flow.
- Review any outstanding issues from previous day or shift and determine resolution.
- Responsible for supervising and leading an inventory control team in their day to day activities to ensure that all procedures are being followed properly and in a timely fashion.
- Make recommendations to management to improve quality of service, increase efficiency of the warehouse team, and equipment performance.
- Responsible for creating and implementing necessary inventory controls, to include daily cycle counting and inventory reporting/metrics to ensure all items are properly accounted for and in the correct locations.
- Considered by management as the Inventory Control Expert and will be responsible for assisting the customer in the prompt reconciliation of their inventory discrepancies including taking the necessary steps to best service their inventory needs.
- Manage the daily/weekly breakage reporting and take necessary actions to address issues. Lead the twice per year breakage analysis.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate interdependent activities of individual departments to ensure a seamless experience for the customer.
- Track and monitor (through KPIs) progress of team and individual efforts
- Mastery of the WMS/location and item management
- Responsible for planning, executing and reconciling the successful completion of the bi-annual physical inventory. Physical inventory must be complete on time and accurately.
- Prepares analysis of adjustments activities report.
- Research and reconcile inventory discrepancies.
- Will assist, or lead projects as needed by the Operations Manager.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
- 1 Warehouse Lead
- 7 Day Warehouse Personnel
- 2 Inbound/Outbound Coordinator & Assistant
- 2 Inventory Clerks
- 1 Returns Clerk
- 1 Custodian
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years experience in similar capacity.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and RF scanning required.
- 3-5 years receiving and inventory management experience in a high volume and seasonal business environment.
- Experience with leading and supervising teams of +10 members.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours as needed.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Experience with multitasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must possess strong analytical, project planning, organization, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to tactfully handle confidential material and information.
- Lean Processing/ Continuous improvement.
- Must be able to build teams.
- Find ways to streamline receiving process with the intent to be able to accommodate more containers/loads per day
- Implement electronic PO paperwork filing
- Ensure putaways are in line with best slotting practices
- Maintain location capacities
- Advanced level for both MS Word and Excel. Ability to create and edit documents in both applications. Strong systems capability for both JD Edwards as well as HighJump (WMS).