Jr Docker Engineer
3511 NW 91st Ave Doral, FL 33172
The purpose of the role is to implement new deployments of containerized and non-containerized services under the direction of the Sr. Docker Engineer and/or the Lead of Platform Services. Position will assure a stable environment post deployment and assist with automating parts of the deployment to ensure ease of future deployments.
S/he is responsible for the implementation of containerized and non-containerized services in new environments that adhere to the current architecture. This needs an in depth knowledge of container and orchestration technologies namely Docker, Docker-Swarm and Kubernetes. Also needs to ensure the current monitoring tools are installed and operational on the new deployments. May have to ensure the appropriate level of automation to facilitate future deployments.
- Expertise with Docker containers and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, Mesos, or Swarm
- Experience deploying Docker clusters in cloud environments like AWS and Google Compute Engine as well as in VMWare environments.
- A good grasp of the Docker Networking layer and how it corresponds to internet and networking elements such as TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS, routing, switching, firewall etc.
- Experience with application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools
- Proven knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system
- Insight into service discovery concepts and understanding of SDLC
- Should have a passion for automating everything with a sense of ownership
- Skilled with automating Cloud infrastructure with 1 or more years designing/automating cloud aware infrastructure and applications
- VMWare or Hyper V based private clouds
- Scripting & Automation knowledge/skills (shell Scripts/Ansible/Puppet/Chef)
- Experience of container technology the use cases and application (Docker/ Kubernetes)
- Familiar with the DevOps concepts and aspects
- Overall IT experience of 7+ years is essential
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data).
- Good hands on experience on Docker, Docker-Swarm/Kubernetes and RHEL or a major Linux distro
- Design, install, configure, and maintain Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Cloud Native tools, CentOS/ Red Hat Enterprise LINUX) servers.