Jr. Infrastructure Engineer
3121 Evergreen Ave. West Sacramento, CA 95691
As a key member of a growing team, the Junior Infrastructure Engineer will report to the CIO. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience supporting the day-to-day IT needs of a small to medium sized office. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and enhancing a variety of systems including Salesforce, Handshake, CannAdvantage, Sonicwall Network Infrastructure and Firewalls, Quick Books Enterprise, and O365 applications.
Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate successful experience working independently, identifying opportunities for growth and identifying risks to the business. Candidates for this role must feel comfortable with hands on system administration and support and providing one-on-one, white glove service.
Strong candidates for the role will understand basic business process flows and how technology solutions and applications automate and enable the business to run more efficiently. Ideal candidates will demonstrate experience working closely with senior team members to transition knowledge, collaborate effectively, and add immediate value.
Experience with Order Management, Warehouse Management, and Supply Chain operations, including Lean, Six Sigma, or Continuous Improvement practices, is desirable. Our culture of innovation requires discipline and collaboration in order to move quickly and securely. Familiarity with basic cyber hygiene and information security is required, e.g., ransomware prevention, network layering, end point encryption.
- Resolve any incidents occurring on site. Work with IT Manager, on site staff and vendor personnel to identify troubleshooting steps.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers, etc).
- Learn and become the system administrator for key business tools such as Warehouse Management, Customer Ordering, Billing and Invoicing, and Customer Relationship Management.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
- Develop and maintain local networks in a way that optimize performance and security.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks, computer systems and mobile devices.
- Provide guidance to staff on software and computer equipment.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without interrupting work during critical work hours
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Maintain detailed records of incidents, log of repairs, change requests and solutions.
- 2 – 5 years of experience working in IT with increasing responsibility.
- Salesforce, Warehouse Management Systems and Sage ERP experience is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of security, data protection and privacy principles.
- Eager and excited about this work- passionate about unleashing the potential in other colleagues and wants a role that stretches skills with enabling leadership support.
- Project management experience (able to prioritize, track things relative to a timeline, keep multiple streams running at the same time, understand how multiple streams weave together to achieve a larger goal).
- Can-do attitude with willingness to help out in other areas where needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, e.g., developing and delivering execute presentations to the CIO.
- Strong customer service mentality and ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.