Jr. PeopleSoft / SQL Developer
Herndon Herndon, VA 20170
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a PeopleSoft / SQL Developer to serve as Techno-Functional PeopleSoft Consultant in all phases of the system life cycle (analysis, design, develop, test, and implementation) to support PeopleSoft Financials development initiatives and other related integration efforts.
What will help you succeed:
- Strong proficiency in the fundamentals of unit testing as well as coding in in a modern language such as Java, Python, C++.
- Oracle or SQL database skills. Query building; data pulling and validation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to plan and lead meetings with stakeholders
- 5+ years of analytical experience including query writing, gap analysis and spreadsheet comparisons
- PeopleSoft Financials core business process experience
- Experience with SQL skills and support of applications in a UNIX environment (Scripting).
- Experience with Oracle Databases and XML
What you will work on:
- You will use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in those units to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application.
- Participate in some or all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new or revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Understand and utilize DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production
- Create or update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required