Kafka Database-Messaging Expert
60 Minorca Avenue Coral Gables, FL 33134
A senior Infrastructure Technology person who can work within the program on a number of projects related to the health check and architecture of the existing Kafka, Elk and RabbitMQ implementation across multiple environments. The right person must have a deep understanding of the 3 products and be able to leverage this knowledge to check, design improvements, and gain approval to proceed with move toward best practices. The candidate must be able to understand client objectives, work within the current program management structure to establish the plans, and be able to do the work required to achieve best practice criteria as defined by the product manufacturers. Regular reporting to management on status of projects and the ability to interact with Directors and VPs is a must.
- Provide health check and best practice refinements for Kafka, ELK, and Rabbit MQ, i.e. current state report, best practice alignment, and project timelines.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of the listed technologies and determine how they interact with other products and services support by the program.
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for optimization.
- Train other program personnel as needed to provide ongoing support.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with the installation, admin, and management of Kafka.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience with RabbitMQ and ELK.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Expert level knowledge of the infrastructure required to enable the product set to adhere to best practices as defined by the manurafacurer.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project and Visio.
- Experience with internal and external documentation written to varying levels of business and technical oriented audiences.
- Affinity for iterative, continuous improvement to affect capability maturity growth.
- Passion for learning, teamwork, and helping others.
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated. Individual must be able to prioritize responsibilities and work under tight deadlines.
- Experience with Public Cloud deployments (Azure, AWS)
- 5 years Kafka admin experience
- Solid practical hands on experience with RabbitMQ and ELK.
- Prior experience in programming and scripting languages is desirable.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar, or 5+ years experience in related discipline.