3511 NW 91st Ave Doral, FL 33172
The Kubernetes Engineer will play an essential role in a technology transformation being undertaken by our client. In this role, you will focus on bridging the gap between Business and IT, running IT-as-a-Service, provide Thought Leadership (Point of Views) and designing and transforming our customers in the following areas:
- IT Strategy
- Cloud, Social, Mobile and Analytics
- Automation and DevOps
- Internet of Things, 4th Platform etc.
As our customer is moving into the cloud - IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, this role will provide enterprise wide leadership on systems/infrastructure design and implementations by working with other Engineers on a best fit solution meeting customer needs
- Delivery: Manage and deliver client engagements with high quality and customer satisfaction. Identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for our customers. Responsibilities include, among others, identification of business, functional and non-functional requirements, infrastructure design & implementation, training and defining support procedures.
- People Development: Perform role of mentor; provide input and technical guidance for team members improvement and career development; provide leadership and support for delivery teams.
- Innovation: Facilitate and contribute to change (innovation) by anticipating, planning, developing and implementing the change (innovation).
- 8+ years of experience in planning, micro services design and implementation of mission critical applications
- Experience in defining enterprise cloud strategy, roadmap, standards and leading practices associated with all aspects of cloud capabilities (compute, data, storage, security, identity & access, self-service, performance)
- Experience in bleeding edge platforms like - Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, NOSQL etc
- Experience in designing and/or implementing an end to end cloud-based solutions (PaaS - PCF, Bluemix or IaaS - AWS, AZURE), especially in integrating cloud solutions with on premise solutions (hybrid cloud)
- Experience in solving NFR issues (security, privacy, availability, maintainability, scalability etc.) in cloud based solutions
- Experience in design and implementing high-available, scalable and innovative cloud-based solutions.
- Experience in Automation and DevOps Tools - Ansible, Jenkins, Bitbucket
- A very good understanding of Edge networks - F5, FortiGATE, Cisco etc
- Cloud certification - such as AWS Solution Engineer or Azure Solution Engineer is a must
- A very good understanding of emerging IT technology and trends
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited institution
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Candidates are required to have project experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Cloud: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Cloud Business Models, Cloud Service Brokering, Service automation and orchestration, Cloud cost model, associated industry trends, Application Programming Interfaces
- Compute: Compute Infra Design, Platform Sizing, Consolidation and Rationalization, Automated Provisioning, Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- Storage: SAN, NAS, Storage Capacity Planning, Storage Virtualization, Consolidation and Rationalization, Partitioning, Storage & Design, Data Migration, Data Synchronization Technologies, File Systems, Snapshots (BCV), Tiered Storage and Thin Provisioning
- Network: LAN, WAN, SDN, NFV, Network Capacity Planning, BGP, Routing, Proxy Servers, Network Infrastructure Services (DNS, DHCP, CA, Directory Services), Load Balancing, VPN technologies, SSL certificates and Firewalls
- Operating Systems and Software: OS Migrations, Upgrade Planning and Implementation, Wintel/Linux/Unix Design, Unix to Linux Migrations, Unix/Linux/Windows Virtualization, OS Clustering and Grid Computing
- Open Source: Use of open source tools, contribution toward open Source community
- Virtualization: Virtualization Server, vStorage, vDesktop, vSwitch
- Infrastructure-Based Processes: Monitoring, Capacity Planning Performance Tuning, Asset Management, High Availability and Disaster Recovery, Data Center support.
- In addition, successful Enterprise Engineer will have the following preferred background:
- Technical contribution to Complex Cloud solutions.
- Drive Quality while managing risk and customer satisfactions
- Assess profitability when proposing an effort and make decisions with the understanding of impacts to quality and profitability
- Experience with cloud solutions from AWS services (EC2, VPC), Azure, VMware vCloud Suite, HP Public Cloud, HP CSA, Cloud Foundry, Google Cloud, and others
- Deep domain expertise in one or more areas: compute, networking, storage, high availability, cloud security, performance tuning & diagnostics
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Ruby, PHP, Bash and Python
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, CFEngine, Ansible, Bcfg2, and/or Puppet
- Experience with container implementations such as Docker, Core OS, Solaris Containers, OpenVZ
- Strong understanding and knowledge of technology trends such as Digital, Mobility and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Knowledge of relevant SDLC, Agile, ITIL, internal audit, and risk-management standards
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly technical methods and technologies.