Land Use Data Specialist
550 South Tryon Street Charlotte, NC 28202
- This position will be responsible for entering Company' s land rights into internal systems. The main responsibility will be mapping our land rights into Real Estate GIS. GIS supports the operation and maintenance of the company GIS application by maintaining, reporting, and posting work or by gathering data to be input by Data Management. This position may need to conduct minimal research to establish which rights to map by using databases at public facilities and on-line via the internet through the Register of Deeds, GIS, Clerk of Court, Google, tax office, etc. and the company archival system.
- The candidate needs to understand legal descriptions and review and analyze them, hands-on experience performing property research using on-line resources and/or nearby county courthouses and GIS experience.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Utilize internal/external GIS systems to map easements.
- Point of contact and provide expertise with mapping easements to other Data Management Specialists.
- Enter and maintain real estate data in the Land Inventory system (Manhattan).
- Quality control using the Robotic Process Automation system, Total Agility, to ensure the data and document images are consistent with internal business rules.
- Works with Distribution Right of Way and Transactions to initiate and close land and property rights transactions into land inventory system (Manhattan).
- Reviews and analyzes Real Estate closing packages which includes verifying legal documents such as easements, deeds, maps and drawings.
- Understands Manhattan and FileNet and the searching mechanism.
- Proficiently and accurately enters land rights data into Manhattan and the ability to understand land right documents to determine Company' s property interest.
- Understands and follows set business rules to ensure data consistency.
- Validates various data such as code block and prior rights into the land inventory system.
- Ensures documents are indexed and imaged correctly into FileNet using the web import process.
- Develop and prepare reports for management, business units and other regulatory needs by using multiple technology systems to produce the information.
- Provide information on real estate records and assets on a weekly, monthly, yearly and as needed basis.
- Archives records according to Company' s records retention guidelines using the Record Center Application (RCA); utilize the RCA process to request real estate documents that have been archived.
- May provide some assistance and support to the Research Specialists
- Act as the point of contact to receive and verify Transactions and Distribution closing packages were received; notify if documents are missing.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for Manhattan, FileNet and other internal systems used for Real Estate data.
- Provide training and education on Manhattan and FileNet on an as needed basis.
- High School or GED, Vocational Degree
- Years of prior equivalent work-related experience in lieu of a degree: 3 - 5 Years
- Years of prior work-related experience in addition to a degree: 1 - 3 Years
- Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities: Excellent oral/written communication skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications; Excellent organization, data accuracy, attention to detail and time management skills
- Associates degree, Business, Real Estate, Paralegal or related field.
- Experience in a utility company.