Lead DevOps Engineer
McLean, VA 22102
Kavaliro is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with team lead experience. Background can be either Windows or Linux. Must be a US CITIZEN with over 10 years of experience and have hands on Cloud experience with AWS or Azure. Puppet experience is a plus. Candidate will initially work out of Washington, DC 3-4 days per week, then remotely after 3 months. Our client has a wonderful company culture and benefits including unlimited PTO! This is an immediate need.
- DevOps team lead experience with 10+ years of overall experience.
- Hands on Cloud experience is key. AWS or Azure.
- Linux or Windows background is acceptable
- Experience designing pipelines for DevOps automation including manifests, modules, templates, dealing with different types of resources, etc.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Communicate effectively and persuasively verbally and in writing
- US Citizenship Required
Nice to Have:
- Puppet, TeamCity or BitBucket is a plus.
- Active Secret Clearance Preferred, but must be clearable
- AWS certifications - Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer
- Participates on DevOps in the delivery of systems that conform to the requirements and approach of the goals of major transformation projects within the federal government
- Lead the team in implementing automated build / configure / deployment technologies.
- Designs pipelines for DevOps automation including manifests, modules, templates, dealing with different types of resources, etc.
- Identifies bugs, gaps, and inconsistencies with DevOps practices and proposes remediation.
- Participates in technical sessions such as design reviews and code walkthroughs
- Explains the rationale for architectural decisions and defends DevOps principles, standards and methods