Linux Sys Admin. w/ TS/SCI & CI Poly
Bethesda, MD 20814
Kavaliro is looking for a TS/SCI & CI Poly cleared Linux Sys Admin. to work with our client in Bethesda, MD. This is a permanent position with a company that offers a great culture, strong salary and generous benefits.
As a systems administrator, you will work as part of a team responsible for developing a NextGen cloud based system that will ultimately provide Data Analytics as a Service (DAAS) capabilities.
- Perform systems administration of server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Systems management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating Systems (OS) installation, and other local area systems administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT systems infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage LINUX (Red Hat) operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating systems, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshooting, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
- A Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a closely related Engineering or IT discipline.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with provisioning and supporting Red Hat Linux servers.
- Experience with patching systems.
- Experience with STIGing.
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certification
- At least one relevant certification
- An active and valid TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance
- Cloudera Certified Administration for Apache Hadoop (CCAH) certification.
- Experience with cluster sizing for different workloads, including CPU, memory, storage, disk I/O.
- Experience with Disk Sizing and Configuration.
- knowledge of Hadoop kernel tuning and disk swapping.