Linux Systems Admin / Engineer (Linux / RHEL)
440 N Wooten Rd Colorado Springs, CO 80916 US
Linux Systems Admin / Engineer (Linux / RHEL)
Must hold Top Secret clearance prior to start
- Coordinate all aspects of Windows and/or UNIX/Linux systems in operations, engineering, analysis, and test environments.
- Develop and maintain SBSS/Red LAN hardware and software resources within mission objectives for routine and non-routine operations. Perform data collection on equipment, including GFE.
- Install, configure, and fix applications and software.
- Perform system and user account maintenance.
- Implement, test, and assess cyber security configuration of Windows and Linux servers in a Risk Management Framework environment.
- Install, analyze, test, and implement cyber security patches and hardening.
- Monitor, evaluate, and optimize system performance.
- Support telephone and physical recall for system anomalies as the need arises.
- Perform system backup and restore tasks.
- Resolve operating system issues.
- Provide system administration support and assistance for development systems.
- Build, cyber-harden, and configure systems.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
- Document maintenance actions.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. This position requires an active/current Top-Secret U.S. Security Clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartment Information (TS/SCI) security clearance and program access (post-start). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 10 years of experience in System Administration or Network Administration
- 10 years of experience with UNIX/Linux
- 5 years of experience with centralized services to include Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Domain Name Services (DNS), and System/File recording for system failure recovery (resiliency) (back-ups).
- 3 years of experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) process for identifying, implementing, assessing, and managing cybersecurity capabilities.
- One or more current DoD 8570 IAT, Level II Certification: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH, CCSP.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5 years of experience with scripting with Power Shell, Bash, or Python
- 5 years of experience with configuration management in Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Linux Certification: Red Hat Certified Engineer, Red hat System Administrator, or Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC)
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog