Linux Systems Engineer
6277 Sea Harbor Drive Orlando, FL 32821
Responsible to support Linux and UNIX based server systems, software and relevant utilities. Conducts ongoing planning of computer resource requirements, and continuously monitors performance. Further, manages and coordinates projects to build and/or implement comprehensive integrated system solutions for IT customers, while maintaining a high level of service on production systems and anticipating future requirements, trends, and changes to assure current and future satisfaction of customer service within budget constraints
- Manage the Linux and UNIX bases environments and associated services
- Maintains an expert level knowledge of all products, technologies, tools, methodologies, and services used within the department
- Acquires and maintains working knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Interfaces with other teams, vendors, and business as part of the service and support process
- Performs systems installation, administration, operations, maintenance, support, testing, upgrades, performance monitoring, business continuance, and documentation in accordance with company, vendor, and departmental standards, processes, templates, and tools
- Anticipates and identifies potential problems before they occur and implements solutions to minimize impact on projects and users.
- Ensures adherence to formal processes, standards and total quality practices in all activities
- Drives technology innovation and process improvement efforts
- Perform On-call support
- Completes other assignments as requested by management
- Work closely with Program Office, Strategy, Delivery, Architecture, Engineering, and Support groups in achieving departmental and company commitments
- Participates in projects by assisting in the development of project plans, documentation, and by performing project tasks
- Provides consulting to IT and business with regards to all Linux and UNIX based systems, application environments and associated services systems and services.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology preferred but equivalent experience may be substituted.
Red hat Linux or Oracle Linux
VMware / EMC Storage certification a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Outstanding customer services skills.
- Ability to facilitate the completion of work by individuals inside and outside the Infrastructure Services department.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with IT management personnel, peers, and outside vendors important.
- Demonstration of good technical and tactical thinking and problem solving.
Technology based background with solid understanding of relevant technologies (Red Hat Linux, Oracle Linux, UNIX, VMware ESXi, Red hat Satellite, Red hat directory server, Linux shell scripting, EMC SAN technologies, LAN, WAN, Networking, Information Security, Monitoring Tools)
- 5 years broad and in-depth enterprise-wide understanding of implementing and supporting physical, virtualization and information technologies, specifically with Red Hat Linux, Oracle Linux, UNIX, VMware ESXi, Red hat Satellite, Red hat directory server, EMC SAN technologies, LAN, WAN, Networking, Information Security, Monitoring Tools