MDM Data Architect
20 MacDill Blvd Washington, DC 20032
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a chance to be one of the first team members of an eventual large project team in modernizing a large-scale data and business intelligence environment. Selected personnel will create an enterprise level data strategy including data management, data governance, data transformation, and data exchanges. We will be using leading big data, data management, and data analytics technologies including COTS, GOTS, & open-source software.
- Architect and implement a data management and interoperability (DMI) system.
- Deploy a master data management solution to a DoD customer.
- Design, develop, install, test, and prove out system features.
- Extract and translate business strategies into architectural requirements.
- Define the data architecture for the program.
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Facilitate and/or actively participate in requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders, analysts, & users.
- Provide recommendations for the integration of numerous transactional and analytical systems.
- Collect data and conduct data analysis to form overall data architecture requirements.
- Implement enterprise data integration processes.
- Document the technical details of an enterprise solution.
- Assess and recommend enabling technologies.
- Provide oversight and quality control to the system/technical design.
- Present technical design and system recommendations to client stakeholders.
- Deployment of master data management (MDM) proof-of-concept (POC) and production systems.
- Active Top-Secret Security Clearance with SCI
- Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical disciplines.
- Relevant Experience: 10+ years
- Experience architecting and implementing master data management or enterprise-scale data integration/interoperability systems.
- Experience with conceptual, logical, & physical data modeling.
- Experience with transactional (3NF) and analytical (OLAP) data modeling.
- Experience leading a team of data analysts/architects to implement enterprise data management solutions.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders who are vested in data governance across multiple systems.
- Experience translating business/functional requirements into technical design specifications.
- Experience assessing and recommending enabling technologies.
- Good understanding of relational databases including Oracle, MS SQL Server, & MySQL.
- Experience with government financial and logistics systems.
- Experience with data warehouses, data marts, and other analytical systems.
- Understanding of master data management principals including data ownership, data governance, and data stewardship.
- Ability to facilitate working sessions and workshops with clients.
- Great verbal and oral communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Information Technology: 10 years (Preferred)
- Relational Databases: 10 years (Preferred)
- Master Data Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor' s Degree (Preferred)
- Top-Secret with SCI