MOUT-IS System Administrator
Fort Irwin, CA 92310
Kavaliro is seeking candidates for the MOUT IS System Administrator (Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II) positions at Fort Irwin, CA. This position will be on the ATMP (Army Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations Maintenance Program) contract. This position requires a US Government SECRET clearance.
The candidate’ s primary responsibility is the system administration of the National Training Center MOUT Instrumentation System (MOUT-IS). The candidate will be responsible for the administration, system configuration, application configuration and troubleshooting of a data center located at multiple sites in the training area of the NTC.
Responsibilities include the administration of multiple servers and workstations in a complex fast paced DoD/ Army computing environment. Experience with administration of Window Server 2008R2, 2012, Window 7 and 10 workstations is required.
Responsibilities will also include the administration of the MOUT IS network backbone consisting of multiple Cisco and Enterasys network devices and well as a video network backbone including video cameras and video servers.
Responsibilities also include supporting end users in a high demand environment in a help desk support role. These responsibilities include management of Active Directory, GPO creation and modification, and backup and recovery of the MOUT Instrumentation System.
Responsibilities will require the candidate to spend a significant time in the NTC Training area. The candidate must be able travel to remote locations in harsh and unpredictable weather conditions ranging from extreme heat to extreme cold. Includes travel by 4x4, helicopter or tactical vehicles. Candidate must be able to navigate across uneven terrain.
- BS./B.A. Engineering, Science or Math. Experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- The candidate must be Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT Level II) Certified in accordance with DOD Directive 8570.01-M within six (6) months of hire or hold a current CompTIA Security+ (CE) within six (6) months of hire.
- Prefer past work experience with NTC-IS.
- Must be able to navigate across uneven terrain.
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- US citizen for clearance requirement.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Common Access Card (CAC) and be allowed access to the Government Instrumentation System network.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a valid driver’ s license and post driving privileges.