498 Aviation Blvd. Santa Rosa, CA 95403
This individual will be responsible for specific engineering projects, process improvements and scrap reduction efforts. In addition the manufacturing engineer will be responsible for scheduling, assigning and monitoring the performance of the maintenance department.
- Through various forms of data analysis, develop improvement initiatives or projects that contribute to reductions in material, labor or overhead expense.
- Through various forms of data analysis, develop improvement initiatives or projects that contribute to improved quality and delivery.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Optimize plant layout and manufacturing cells to facilitate 100% MTO
- Develop and implement OEE metrics and create plan for improvement
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Assist in the development, execution and implementation of process improvements identified and scheduled in annual improvement targets.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer' s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Assist in the development, execution and implementation of annual capital budgets.
- Other duties as required by management.
Skills and Experience-
- Drive for results
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures
- Manufacturing knowledge, technical knowledge of products
- Computer skills
- Problem solving
- Communication skills
Education and Experience-
- ideal - Bachelor’ s Degree in either Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 1 year of supervisory experience
- Experience in medium volume high SKU environment