Middleware Engineer (WMQ)
5260 Western Ave Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Middleware Engineer (WMQ):
• Installation, configuration, deployment, upgrade of middleware components such as Websphere MQ on the mainframe or distributed, Redhat ActiveMQ Jboss and Apache.
• Monitor production & non-production environments for Mission critical (Tier1) applications
• Provide On-Call support including NOC calls
• Respond to email and pager alerts
• Incident management activities such as incident recording in Remedy, initial investigation of issues; tracking and escalation management, and closure
• Triage and troubleshoot issues using individual application/web server logs
• Perform periodic system health checks for all environments
• Monitor alerts from Monitoring tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace
• Automate existing and new processes through the use of orchestration and scripting using Rundeck, Shell, Perl,
• Document SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for various tasks performed by team such as NOC call support, Handover/Takeover SOP, Application Health check monitoring etc.
• Support Middleware Project tasks like server upgrades, failover testing and implementations on need basis
Required Skills/ years of experience needed
• Websphere MQ on the mainframe or distributed.
• Redhat ActiveMQ
• At least 4 years of experience in J2EE deployments on two of the following operating systems: LINUX: Preferably SUSE, Red Hat; UNIX: AIX; Windows: Windows 2008 or above
• In-depth knowledge and experience of J2EE framework and applications with at least 4 years of experience in Middleware products such as JBOSS, Tomcat and Apache
• Strong Linux experience including Linux shell scripting.
• Solid understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and HTTP
• Prior Experience with large scale J2EE deployments, Java programming or Software Development Life Cycle
• Solid troubleshooting skills are a must
• Ability and flexibility to support and manage our dynamic 7 X 24 Production J2EE Environment as well as the other testing environments
• Demonstrated ability to keep up with an ever-changing technical environment
• An enthusiastic, highly organized self- starter and a team player that works well as a member of a diverse team
• Ability to solve complex problems and address issues where only limited standards may exist and critical thinking is needed for effective resolutions.
• Develop clear and concise documentation for end users and support teams
• Ability to manage projects within technical domain, from start to finish, coordinating the entire project life-cycle, team and end-user involvement and impact.
• Ability to lead problem resolution identifying gaps in documentation and providing clarified documentation for frontline technical staff.