The Network Engineer installs, configures, and troubleshoots the organization' s network infrastructure, and performs other duties to maintain a healthy network environment.
- Active CCNA required
- Review, plan, evaluate, and install network systems.
- Required Nexus 7K switches experience
- Responsible for diagnostics and resolution of network problems to minimize downtime of business applications and services.
- Receive escalated calls from users and technicians to resolve major, critical, and complex network software and hardware problems.
- Ensure the network and communications infrastructure is maintained within agreed policy and network device configurations are backed up routinely to minimize downtime risk for the business.
- Utilize company standard software and hardware tools to identify, diagnose, and resolve problems affecting network performance.
- Perform routine testing and analysis of all elements associated with network facilities.
- Obtains appropriate quotes and approvals for all network related purchases and agreements.
- Maintains expert knowledge of current network technology, and actively seek industry recognized network certifications to validate knowledge and experience.
- Recommend proactive changes to current and future network configurations to decrease risk of outages, and increase confidentiality, integrity, and availability within the network.
- Update documentation to record new equipment installed, new sites, and changes to network and security configurations.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on overall network, security planning, and related projects.
- Provides technical support assistance to the other IT infrastructure team members.
- Provide network support for all relevant company locations, including any remote interconnected sites.
- Respond to network outage events with extreme urgency and professionalism.
- Take part in an on-call rotation, and serve as escalation support for network issues 24x7.
- Provide timely and considerate customer service to all personnel within the organization when resolving technical issues.
- Configure, install, and sustain various network devices and services (e.g. routers, switches, VPN, load balancers, firewalls, Cisco Call Manager).
- Able to configure and troubleshoot BGP environment
- Handle confidential information and materials appropriately.
- Install and maintain all network infrastructure utilizing government and industry security best practices.
- Provide support for mobile devices, wireless networks, and remote users as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned by the department Manager.