Network Engineer-IT Facilities
60 Minorca Avenue Coral Gables, FL 33134
- The IT Facilities Engineer will have responsibility for site activities to include vendor management, preventive and predictive maintenance programs within the data center space, customer service, and adherence to company policy and procedures through proactive leadership. This position will also require performing general day to day Data Center, site and IT Operations activities as needed to keep the environment performing properly.
- This position works closely in a team environment in developing policy, short and long-term goals and objectives, and working on projects and process through collaborative teamwork. This position will assist the client with maintaining all DC equipment and ensuring applicable asset management processes are followed. This position will require strong technical and business skills along with experience in people management, best practices, data center operations, construction, quality, and the ability to work well in a demanding environment.
- Effectively oversee daily data center operations with respect to the facility, local technicians, and inventory
- Efficiency improvements, process creation and improvement, managing daily operational integrity, and calculating metrics to analyze the performance.
- Work closely with facility engineering staff to ensure all infrastructure systems are operating within established tolerances, proactively maintained, and adequately serviced when necessary. Properly forecast capacity planning with regards to space and power, UPS and cooling
- Monitor the performance of and develop strong business relationship with vendors, carriers, and other outside agencies that interact with the data center
- Successfully manage multiple projects relating to data center operations from planning to execution
- Perform installation of IT equipment and related data center facilities infrastructure
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- BA/BS degree and 5-8 years of experience; 3-5 years of experience with a Masters degree; 11-14 years of experience with no BA/BS degree
- 10+ years of Data Center or IT Engineering Experience, with at least 3 of those years being a Lead or Manager