Fort Belvoir, VA Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Network Engineer to assist in the installation, maintenance, and usage of the organization' s LAN, WAN, and CAN. Assists in the establishment of network procedures regarding access methods and time, security validation checks, and documentation. Maintains network software and hardware inventories and rack elevations. Researches software and hardware issues regarding the network. Inform users when there are network problems. Monitors and maintains continuity with software licensing and maintenance agreements. Troubleshoots network problems. Assists in monitoring and responding to technical control facility hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques. May provide network server support. May assist with installation of terminals and associated hardware. Requires knowledge of data scopes, patch panels, modems, concentrators, and associated terminals and network management software.
- The Network Engineer possesses knowledge of, and skill in applying:
- Network standards, protocols, and procedures.
- Capabilities and applications of network equipment including hubs, routers, switches, bridges, servers, transmission media, and related hardware the organization' s network architecture and infrastructure local area and wide area networking principles and concepts including bandwidth management.
- Network systems design, development, testing, installation, operations, management, and maintenance concepts and methods the organization' s network architecture, topology, and protocols.
- Assist in the development, configuration, installation, and maintenance of networked systems including local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs).
- Perform routine network configuration management functions.
- Provide network services that support business requirements. Plan, design, develop, and integrate network systems consistent with existing or planned network infrastructures.
- Final Secret Clearance
- DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Information Assurance (IA) (Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment):
- CompTIA, Security+ ce (Desired)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA-Security)
- Security Essentials Certification: (GSEC)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Higher certifications that meet IAT III requirements are also acceptable. (Must be approved and verified by management.)
- Applicant must also have at least one of the following Computing Environment (CE) certifications within 180 days from their start date:
- CISCO: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNP) (Desired)
- BROCADE: Brocade Certified Network Professional (BCNP)
- DoD Experience - DISA Experience Preferred
- Extensive Network troubleshooting.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of technical support experience with IT Network operations, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support as well as supervisory skills in Network operations, management, and personnel.
- Attention to Detail - Demonstrates thoroughness and contentious attention to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services; is committed to quality deliverables.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information effectively, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds professionally.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations and resolve issues.
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent required.
- Diploma from a technical or vocational school or have acquired equivalent military/DoD training
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred
- Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.