550 South Tryon Street Charlotte, NC 28202
- Checks and examines law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes to prepare legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, initial and amended articles of incorporation, stock certificates and other securities, buy-sell agreements, closing papers and binders, deeds, and trust instruments for review, approval, and use by Attorney.
- Assesses and inventories real and personal property for estate planning.
- Investigates facts and law of case to determine causes of action and to prepare case accordingly.
- Files pleadings with court clerk.
- Prepares affidavits of documents and maintains document file.
- Delivers or directs delivery of subpoenas to witnesses and parties to action.
- May direct and coordinate activities of law office employees.
- May prepare office accounts and tax returns.
- May specialize in litigation, probate, real estate, or corporation law.
- May prepare real estate closing statement and assist in closing process.
- May act as arbitrator and liaison between disputing parties.
- May act as law librarian, keeping and monitoring legal volumes and ensuring legal volumes are up-to-date.
- May search patent files to ascertain originality of patent application.