Petaluma, CA 94954
Seeking a Payroll Supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general ledger functions such as journal entry preparation, on & off cycle payroll journal entries & account analysis
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and prepare monthly reporting
- Prepare and/or review communications, presentations, and Payroll Accounting process documentation.
- Provide Payroll Accounting information to teammates inside and outside of Finance
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
- Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
- Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor
- General administration and organizational support as needed
- 3-5 years of experience in finance or accounting role, with emphasis in payroll processing
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations
- Exquisite math and numerical skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- BS/BA in Accounting/business administration or proof of equivalent training and or experience
- Experience with ADP software a plus