Power Distribution Project Manager
2166 Palmetto Street Clearwater, FL 33765
- The Project Manager is responsible for the management, or the assistance of managing, all phases of project planning and execution to ensure all project success factors are met, including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental, safety, communications, security, and integration.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple White or Green I projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence (PMCoE) Project Profile Matrix. In aggregate, these projects are typically less than $10M with a Low to Moderate level of complexity impacting only the facility or department level within the Company.
- The PM serves as the unifying agent providing leadership, management, direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of The Company.
Major Job Duties (with general supervision):
- Create / Staff / Lead Project Team. Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC), operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.).
- The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
- Establish and maintain communications among all project/programs stakeholders.
- Structure, lead, and/or assist in leading all project related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management ( monthly project reviews, kickoff meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status.
- Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports and reporting means are developed and managed according to PMCoE Standards.
- Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully.
- Plan (or assist in planning) the project (s) assigned to, including scope, schedule, cost, safety, and quality aspect of the project.
- Drive the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, start-up and commissioning plans, and integration processes. This includes project planning and execution activities like scope definition, detailed design, construction, start-up and commissioning, turnover to operations, and warranty management.
- Execute projects (or assist in project execution) according to Plan within designed scope, cost and schedule limits. Includes objectives, stakeholders, scope, roles and responsibilities, assumptions and constraints, deliverables, WBS, schedule, external communication, regulatory strategy, procurement strategy, contractor and supplier strategy, resource plan, budget, lessons learned, risk plan, quality plan, safety plan, environmental plan, security plan, integration plan, data management plan, communications and reporting plan, change management, and project close out.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university AND a minimum of 2 years of project management experience OR over 5+ years of project management experience in lieu of a degree
- 2 years of Distribution Design and/or Construction Experience is required for this position.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university
- PMI (PMP or CAPM) Certification/CMII certificates
- Professional Engineer License
- Experience in distribution and transmission
- Experience managing large and complex construction and/or utility projects