Power Engineering Technician I
4595 Broadmoor Ave SE, , Suite 240 Grand Rapids, MI 49512 US
Here at Kavaliro we have been tasked to find a qualified Power Design Technician, contributing your technical prowess to the precise evaluation and design of secure, cost-effective, and dependable facilities across a spectrum of residential, commercial, and industrial projects. This role provides an opportunity to lay the foundation of expertise in client-oriented design, workflow processes, data entry, and technical competencies within our specialized domains.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Under the vigilant guidance of direct supervision and mentorship, you will:
- Exhibit an unwavering dedication to the observance of ALL safety policies and procedures.
- Skillfully apply an array of codes, requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures to assigned tasks.
- Develop capabilities for on-site visits, harmonizing seamlessly with construction personnel.
- Cultivate proficiency in the utilization of design software and tailored work management tools.
- Assemble comprehensive project and job packages, encompassing material inventories, requisitions, labor estimations, site and construction drawings, aimed at bolstering the safety and dependability of electrical facility installations.
- Precisely gauge loading on distribution equipment, including transformers and fusing.
- Absorb the nuances of utility construction practices within public right of way (ROW) and private land.
- Ensure transparent communication on job advancement, aligning with client expectations and deliverable schedules.
- Foster connections with essential internal and external stakeholders, embodying a constructive and professional demeanor while championing company and client goals.
- Organize and efficiently maintain records and files.
- Benefit from the wisdom of experienced personnel, supervisors, managers, and professional engineers through mentorship.
- Execute additional responsibilities as directed by management.
Complexity of Work: Tasks generally adhere to established practices and procedures.
Relationship Outside Work Group: Interact with others to exchange information, occasionally demanding tact and diplomacy.
Qualifications: To excel in this role, one must satisfactorily accomplish each essential duty. The ensuing prerequisites encapsulate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Regular Attendance: Non-negotiable.
Education and/or Experience:
- Mandatory: High school degree or GED.
- Preferred: Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in non-engineering science, math, or business. (Note: Specific educational requirements may vary based on client projects or contractual obligations.)
Experience: 0-1 year(s) in power distribution engineering, craft, or GIS/CAD work.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
On-the-Job Training: Blend of job shadowing, classroom instruction, and interaction with seasoned colleagues during the inaugural year.
Language Skills: Proficiency in reading, interpreting documents, composing simple correspondence, and responding to common inquiries.
Mathematical Skills: Mastery in fundamental mathematical operations, fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, algebra, and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Capacity to apply common sense to follow instructions and navigate standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication across diverse individuals.
- Self-motivation, reliability, trustworthiness, and technical acumen.
- Team collaboration prowess.
- Negotiation acumen.
- Time management expertise.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Adept multitasking.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and a fitting business vehicle.
- Willingness to participate in storm restoration endeavors as required.
Physical Demands: Wide-ranging physical activities, including standing, walking, sitting, speaking, hearing, using hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, and manipulation of tools.
Weight Lifted or Force Exerted: Occasionally up to 10 pounds, occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Special Vision Requirements: Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Varies, with sporadic exposure to outdoor weather conditions, elevated places, and potential electrical shock risks.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog