4720 Piedmont Row Drive Charlotte, NC 28210
- This is the expert level of the Estimating Project Controls classification hierarchy.
- Workers at this level perform complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level as well as trains and teaches other members of PC organization with minimal oversight and wide latitude for unreviewed work.
- They are also expected to have advanced skills and have the ability to work independently.
- The Principal Estimator will be expected to lead / direct the set up and reviews of Project Estimates with Project team members and departmental/company leadership as required.
- This position is critical to the mentoring of PCS I/PCS II/Sr PCS positions.
- This position typically is assigned to estimate Natural Gas projects of all sizes and complexity typically ranging from $3M to greater than $250M.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of project controls experience with at least 3 years estimating large construction projects, pipeline construction experience preferred.
- Minimum of 11 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Expert in project controls principles.
- Expertise / Mastery with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications / analytics; employee development; strong collaborative team member; oversight.
- Masters - business, finance, project management, or equivalent. PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft. Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis.