100 Market St Windsor, CA 95492
The Production Technician is responsible for the set-up and manufacturing of clients product. This position works closely with Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to insure proper documentation, process flow, and the maintenance of assembly equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up production lines for assembly jobs, then handoff to production associates and follow up to insure consistency.
- Direct and assist temporary workers as needed.
- Draft, review, and troubleshoot production documentation and builds.
- Assist in validating equipment and processes in the production area to improve output, quality, and/or reduce cycle time.
- Cycle count production point of use inventory provided by the Inventory Manager.
- Maintain equipment and tooling per maintenance requirements or as needed.
- Perform in-process and finished good inspection according to engineering drawings, quality requirements, and workmanship standards.
- Assist in developing process controls to improve the production process and flow.
- Work with SAP to: issue & unissue subcomponents; complete production orders; and transfer items from bin location to bin location inside the warehouse.
- Perform various assembly tasks, while monitoring the output of various cells.
- Maintain an organized and safe work environment including proper waste disposal.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. regularly and stand for extended periods of time.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
• Be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Good mechanical skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Ability to manage changing priorities with enthusiasm and positivity.
Education and/or Experience
• Requires a High School Diploma required, GED or equivalent.
• 2 years in manufacturing environment experience or equivalent.
• Should be proficient in MS Office, Internet and email programs.
• Technical skills in production and mechanical assembly technologies.
• Familiarity with solder and wire assembly.
• Should be familiar with packing and packaging principles/ technologies.
• SAP or other production software experience helpful.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
• Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT) Certification a plus.