1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando, FL 32819
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with other technical staff to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems utilizing RPG and RPG development tools on an IBMi server
- Design, run and monitor software tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’ s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Consistently test, configure and monitor software programs and applications according to requirements.
- Collaborate with business analysts, programmer analysts, QA team and architects in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communication to teams both internal Technology and client teams regarding the application support efforts and strategy requirements and provides training to all teams on these dashboards.
- Development, execution and documentation.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of application issues.
- Participating in the team’ s support on-call rotation.
- Reporting of key Monitoring KPIs and metrics.
- Bachelor’ s degree in CS, MIS, Engineering, Math and/or 3-5 years equivalent work experience
- Recent experience with RPG Programming. Must be able to leverage IBMi RDi for development
- Experience with IIS and Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Extensive relational database and operating systems experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with installation of complete environments, including virtual environments, server and software setup.
- Ability to collaborate with vendors to ensure project completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Hands-on experience developing unit test cases and plans.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Working understanding of platforms such as Windows and various devices.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Must be able to demonstrate detailed technical knowledge in the following areas:
- SQL Server
- Complex Procedures
- Web Applications