Project Manager (AutoCAD)
189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1220 Orlando, FL 32801 US
We have an immediate full-time position available for a Project Manager with skills in AutoCAD.
The firm has a rich 35-year history in the design field and is looking for a talented team member to help create world-class aquatic features! Visit: https://martinaquatic.com/ and https://vimeo.com/martinaquatic for more exciting information about Martin Aquatic Design and Engineering!
The Project Manager oversees the assigned projects within the Studio they are assigned to. This will include telephone calls, project planning, meeting minutes, project direction, task board management, design decisions, budgeting, and overall progress of a project from schematic–construction documents. Beyond the engineering stages, the Project Manager will be expected to assist or provide support during the CA phase, including submittal review, shop drawing review, OAC calls, On-Site Observations, and existing facility assessments.
This role is part of the Martin Aquatic Client Services department. Working as a team member of the Client Service department, this professional will assist the department and be asked to help with the improvement process. Managerial responsibilities include setting objectives, and job standards and scheduling employees’ time and deliverables. The PM will manage their team’s overall performance by providing timely responses to team members’ questions. This role requires a blend of technical skills and disciplined organizational project management. Finally, this position is expected to travel locally, on day trips, at least once per week, if not more. Trips to out-of-state project sites for routine observations will be 1-2 days and could be longer stays at some projects during critical path schedules. These out-of-state trips are expected to be monthly but no more frequent than three monthly trips. As the number of projects under construction advances, this position may be asked to manage additional team members who might be traveling to project sites.
- Reports to Studio Director
- Project Management Skills
- Knowledge of iPad, Laptop, and Remote work tools
- Organizational Self-Management (setting daily tasks)
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Knowledge of architecture and engineering packages for completion
- Project management training and educational background are positive.
- Ability to be a self-starter and stay on task, working towards rapid deadlines
- Strong computer organizational skills in finding/sourcing/using various tools from company systems
- Able to coordinate with demanding consults and prioritize issues
- Able to coordinate with project managers internally
Responsibilities & Duties
- Review internal Bluebeam packages for review and coordination.
- Monitor project budget within time tracking software to prevent excessive work.
- Coordinate with internal team members for project progression, including additional studios.
- Create, Manage, and Monitor tasks in online tasking software per project systems
- We do not use Microsoft Project.
- Respond to all client requests within 24 hours, with at least acknowledging the email if the answers cannot be provided
- Participate in all meetings with clients as requested, virtually or in person
- Participating in on-site observations, scheduling traveling, and coordinating with design teams.
- Developing equipment procurement procedures
- Training team members for on-site observations
- Providing assessments of existing projects for renovation recommendations .
- AutoCAD 2021 or newer
- Revit 2021 or newer
- Microsoft Skills
- Slack, Dropbox, Monday.com
- Degree and certification/specialized training preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Annual bonus
- Minimum of 3 weeks PTO + paid holidays and sick time
- Excellent company sponsored medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) program participation with employer contribution
- Reasonable flex schedule
- Paid covered/adjacent Parking in downtown, Orlando
- Innovative office environment and team culture!
- opportunity for personal growth and development!
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog