REMOTE - SAS Programmer
601 Riverside Avenue Jacksonville, FL 32204
REMOTE SAS Programmer
This position is to join our mainframe development & support team as a SAS Programmer, supporting mainframe consolidations & migrations. Reviews, analyzes, develops, installs, modifies, maintains and/or supports major subsystem software components in a large computing environment across multiple production data centers
- Taking external files and build SAS databases for storing of z/OS dataset information (identifying / creating / usage)
- > 5 years of experience with SAS programming. No college degree required.
- Advanced knowledge of z/OS SAS programming; including merge, substr, translate commands.
- Knowledge of Mainframe, z/OS, JCL, TSO.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides technical support activities for a production processing environment.
• Installs, maintains and supports operating system and/or its components and subsystems.
• Analyzes and resolves problems related to failures in operating system and ancillary software components.
• Provides technical assistance to programming staff in analyzing application software amends, performance, and resource consumption.
• Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of software.
• 24x7 support for operating systems and ancillary software.
• Educates internal users on software capabilities and use.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.