700 Rosedale Ave St. Louis, MO 63110 US
Name: Application Developer II
Client: Washington University
Max bill rate: $85/hr.
CTH position - ((USD)85K USD conversion salary will be confirmed at time of offer)
location: must be local
700 Rosedale Ave
St. Louis, MO 63110
***Vaccinations ARE REQUIRED***
HEAVY reporting, candidates MUST HAVE solid reporting experience
Workday report writing experience HUGE plus!
Under minimal supervision, provide cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, modifying, and supporting existing software applications that are of a complex nature. This position will be developing RAAS reports in Workday to support data management projects.
Primary Duties/Responsibilities Conduct workflow study and analyze business practices
Document existing processes as they relate to information technology solutions Perform reporting lifecycle activities, including:
- Code, monitor, maintain, test, and debug software reports
- Follow established change management processes
- Facilitate code reviews
- Develop test plan development
- Make recommendations for reporting solutions Provide support
- Create, document, schedule, and support operational activities
- Coordinate with software vendors and external service providers
- Troubleshoot software bugs and provide fixes
- Provide off hours support, as needed Leadership
- Provide, cultivate and foster excellent customer service
- Promote adherence to departmental standards
- Act as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff Required Skills:
CRITICAL SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
- Team Skills: Supports teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic data management team. Communicates effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Collaborates with other teammates to provide assistance, and expertise, as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Must be enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Must be able to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Engaged in continuous improvement of internal processes and procedures
- Ability to consult with clients and higher level technicians and analysts to resolve technical problems and ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to interact with customers to discuss alternative technical solutions
- Ability to work with only minimal supervision
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- Ability to work extra hours and recognize the need to do so
- Ability to adjust scheduled time
- Ability to adjust to change and demands on time
- Design and develop various Workday reports from using Workday technology.
- Good understanding of Financials & HCM data.
- Analyze reporting requirements to determine development methods, development templates, and report design.
- Use industry leading practices for report development, custom fields, report fields,.etc.
- Work closely with the data management team and architects to ensure data on reports are documented
- Help develop test cases and scenarios with supporting data.
- Help document reports developed and associated dependencies.
- Help rationalize report requests
- Execute the day-to-day activities of reporting support
- Conduct sessions with customers to analyze business requirements and provide solutions to complex business problems
- Identify strategies, risks, and options for recommending approaches towards meeting requirements.
- Become a Workday Reporting expert with deep knowledge of RAAS reports, embedded analytics, and future report specific functionality.
- Bachelor’s in a technical discipline
- 5 years relevant technology experience
- Prior experience in a higher education technology environment
- Proficient in Workday Financials & HCM report development
- Workday Composite Reports development, knowledge of BIRT a plus.
- Good understanding of business requirements and reporting strategies
- Ability to work independently and also be a team player
- Develop a good understanding of reporting out of the box Workday Reports.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog