SCADA / DMS Technologist
1000 East Main Street Plainfield, IN 46168
- This position will support expanded daily monitoring and troubleshooting of detailed real time DMS power flow models.
- Candidates must be familiar with distribution power flow calculations, preferably GEs DMS tools.
- Candidates must have SCADA modeling experience, preferable GEs SCADA modeling tools.
- Candidates must have the ability to update and model critical databases and software that is critical to operating the distribution grid.
- Candidate must be familiar and proficient in using Excel.
- Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
- This position is to provide experienced technical expertise to accurately analyze options and prepare distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies. Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company' s goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Either 2 to 4 years experience and Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 6 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 4 to 8 years equivalent experience with no degree.