400 Aviation Blvd. Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Our Financial Services Client is seeking a BI/SQL Programmer Analyst for a 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity. Must have experience with Tabular/Cube/DAX/MDX
This is 100% onsite in Santa Rosa, CA - Greencard and US Citizens are encouraged to apply
The BI/SQL Programmer III is a member of the Business Intelligence team whose role is to design and implement BI software and systems that provide timely, accurate, and meaningful enterprise data to key consumers and decision makers in the Association so they can effectively analyze business patterns and trends and make informed decisions. This is a senior position that would act in a team leadership role providing guidance to other members of the team.
- Develop SQL-based solutions that meet the Association’ s high standard of quality.
- Using SQL, translate data from source systems to data elements that will be used for system integration and data warehouse analysis.
- Applicant should have Data Modeling experience in Relational and Dimensional environments.
- Collaborate with data analyst and steward, data architect, data modeler, ETL developer, and subject-matter experts to interpret business and technical requirements to deliver SQL based solutions.
- Develops complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced staff.
- Use SQL source control, bug tracking, and change management tools.
- Adhere to industry standard best practices for SQL development.
- Document technical specifications.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Able to design, create, and manage multidimensional structures that contain detail and aggregated data from multiple data sources
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 6 years Microsoft SQL development and demonstrated proficiency
- Experience in the design and build of data models
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional data design principles and practices
- Experience with Extract Transform Load (ETL) and Data Warehousing
- Solid understanding of the software lifecycle and software engineering best practices, including specification, documentation, configuration management, testing and quality assurance
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008 and 2012
- Experience with version control (i.e. Subversion), issue tracking and build/release management
- Good client service, communication skills and able to work in a team programming environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills