4500 East West Highway #300 Bethesda, MD 20814
Kavaliro is looking for a highly motivated Scrum Master that will be responsible for leading and managing scrum practices across multiple development teams. As a leader on the technology team of the company, this individual will interface directly with key business partners and customers and help drive technology and product innovation and delivery.
Qualifications needed to succeed:
- 5+ years' experience in Enterprise/SaaS application development environment
- 1+ year leading Scrum/Agile processes
- in computer science or related discipline preferred
- Self-motivated, standout colleague, action-and-results oriented.
- Well organized, exceptional communication and presentation skills- effective communicator/presenter to groups of all sizes and levels of management.
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership capability.
- Working knowledge of leading web technologies
- Working knowledge and experience with SaaS
- Working knowledge and experience with Agile SDLC principles and practices
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence or similar products
- Experience with DevOps / Continuous Development / Continuous Deployment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and deliver quality consistent results in a timely manner
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative, creative, and challenging environment
What you will work on:
- Ensures feature request requirements and defect expected/actual behavior and reproduction steps are complete and clearly documented before entering the product backlog through supervision and planning
- Initiates and facilitates meetings with Product Management and other business partners as needed to keep product backlogs organized and prioritized
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, grooming, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other meetings as needed to manage work throughout the development lifecycle
- Calibrates and collaborates with the development team daily to ensure all developers are productive and are set up to succeed in every sprint and to keep the sprint backlog and progress boards organized and properly managed
- Checks in with the developers regularly to identify and remove impediments ensuring successful completion of sprints within scope time and quality parameters
- Produces, monitors and analyzes metrics, including velocity, burndown charts, and capacity/demand variance graphs to quickly identify and report risk to stakeholders and upper management, and to identify inefficiencies in methods and processes and potential solutions
- Liaisons between development and stakeholders to prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint/release goals; facilitates discussion and conflict resolution.
- Ensures alignment of the product and technology roadmap to sprints, resources and a delivery plan of major product changes, future versions and new products.
- Effectively initiates, plans, schedules and brings to closure multiple high priority projects. Solicit the involvement of others to build a sense of ownership.
- Must have the confidence to act quickly and decisively when the business requires such agility, and the ability to challenge norms and existing processes.