Senior Engineer, Industrial Projects (PE required)
P.O. Box 407 Lakeland, FL 33802 US
Kavaliro is seeking a Senior Engineer for a hybrid position located in Central Florida.
This position leads, coordinates and manages the design of large scale industrial projects through interaction with various design and engineering disciplines including civil, architects, structural, mechanical, plumbing, refrigeration and electrical engineers and stakeholders. This position is the point of contact for interaction and coordination with municipalities, jurisdiction authorities, economic development councils and internal tax and treasury departments.
- Providing support for managing design development of new construction, additions and renovations of industrial projects
- Providing support for project programming of design for all capital industrial projects
- Providing support for managing continuous improvement efforts related to the design and maintenance of industrial warehousing, manufacturing and distribution facilities and systems and
- Making recommendations for large-scale projects and making selections for smaller scale projects in procurement of design services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited program
- 5 years of experience working as an engineer in design and administration of large-scale projects
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Intermediate technical and computer skills including the ability to utilize various Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) programs
- Basic knowledge of Revit and Bluebeam
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic skills using Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of proper site design and building principles
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Knowledge of supplier management principles
- Knowledge of appropriate and applicable codes
- Knowledge of AIA and similar architecture and engineering design performance contracts
- Supplier management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead a variety of team members to complete a task
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Creative skills
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Ability to visualize and conceptualize
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel (including by air) to various locations including overnight stays
- Ability to work a variable schedule, nights, weekends and holidays if required
- Master’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited program
- 8+ years of experience working as an engineer in design, development and construction with responsibilities for large scale industrial refrigerated warehouses and/or manufacturing with industrial refrigerated systems
- Knowledge of refridgerated warehousing, distribution and manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of material handling automation
- Knowledge of refrigerated warehousing design
- Knowledge and understanding of lifecycles of recommended design criteria, including an understanding of various products and construction methods
- Knowledge or Process Safety Management (PSM)/OSHA requirements
- Knowledge of company culture
- Basic skills using SAP
- Basic skills using the Industrial Maintenance Project Tacking (IMPTS) system
- Basic skills using the Capital Budgeting System (CapB)
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog