Senior Information Security Engineer
20814 Bethesda Bethesada, MD 20814
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Senior Cloud Security Engineer for our direct client at Bethesda, MD.
Looking for a Security Engineer to be responsible for hands-on design, engineer, configure and integrate system security solutions that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation to meet stated security control objectives.
What will help you succeed:
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security or a related technical field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Exposure in defining security solutions for multi-tier cloud based application on AWS (S3, EC2, ELB, Subnet/AZ, IAM, KMS, CloudWatch) preferred.
- Experience with one or more the security tools listed below:
- Authentication and roles based access control (AD, ADFS, SAML)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Privileged Account Management (PAM)
- Password Vaulting
- Multifactor authentication
- Platform Security (RHEL, Windows, Database)
What you will work on:
- Work closely with security architects to understand goals, determine security requirements, to design, and implement application and data security solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with infrastructure and application development project teams to deliver solutions collaboratively, ensuring that corporate security policy, standards and industry best practices are met.
- Drive the selection, POC, implementation and operational deployment of new security technology solutions to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business data
- Develop disaster recovery and continuity of operations plans for new security systems under integration, and ensure testing prior to systems entering a production environment.
- Deploy and configure technology, partnering with IT Infrastructure teams and vendor product professional service partners.
- Stay current with developing technologies, emerging threat landscape and predict impact of changing technologies.
- Coordinate with IT Operations team for the production readiness of security infrastructure solutions supporting mission critical production environments and applications.
- Other duties as assigned.