Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
USAF SAF/CDM Fairfax, VA 22030 US
Kavaliro is seeking a Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to directly support the Secretary of the Air Force/Concept Development Management Office (SAF/CDM), Mission Architecture Innovation directorate (CDMM).
The ISSE will be responsible for conducting technical security engineering activities to include but not limited to:
- Security architecture, design, development, and secure configuration of operating systems, cloud environments, and security tools (vulnerability scanners and policy building / analysis, SIEMs / basic configurations and analysis, antivirus configurations and analysis, troubleshooting tools, Windows and Linux experience) for the purpose of cybersecurity implementation of technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology (IT) system to establish effective control emplacement (as defined in NIST 800-37, NIST 800-160, and DoD JSIG).
- The ISSE will report on security configurations, security tools, POA&M establishment and remediation activities, risk reduction efforts, and overall risk of the system to the SCA and/or ISSM, and Government once per week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct assessments of existing IT architecture for compliance with security requirements from applicable security frameworks (such as ICD 503)
- Develop IT security policies, standards, and guidance
- Provide input to A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials
- Provide engineering support and assistance to authorization/accreditation test and evaluation activities
- Provide continuous monitoring support for information systems
- Develop IT architecture deliverables, specific to information security countermeasure implementations, for operational systems and systems under development
- Evaluate proposed security architectures and designs and provide input as to the adequacy of those security designs to meet required security compliance objectives
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to identify, track and mitigate customer system vulnerabilities
- Required clearance: TS/SCI
- Bachelor's Degree, required in related discipline
- 10+ years’ experience
- CISSP certification
- Experience with NESSUS and other scanning applications
- Understanding of information security principles and risk assessment techniques
- Master’s degree in related discipline
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog