Senior Linux/Unix System Administrator (EPIC)
Orlando, FL 32827 US
The Senior UNIX System Administrator position is a technical leadership role for the System Administration (Midrange) team. The Senior UNIX System Administrator is responsible for supporting and managing Epic's IRIS database, IBM PowerHA, all UNIX/Linux systems, Enterprise SAN/NAS Storage systems, IBM Spectrum Protect Backup software, and other Midrange systems as needed.
This position will require an in-depth technical knowledge of AIX systems and RedHat Linux to facilitate the install and management of the core operating system as well as the analysis and resolution of system hardware, software, networking, and performance issues. In addition, The UNIX System Administrator will define project requirements, estimate project tasks, and provide industry knowledge of advanced tasks associated with administration responsibilities.
The Senior UNIX System Administrator will provide recommendations to the overall system architecture and will collaborate with other IS teams as needed. The UNIX System Administrator will perform security changes, apply security updates and support to application teams with items such as patch management, installation, and support of the applications with their respective vendors.
- Install, support, and manage enterprise AIX systems, Linux, storage area networks SAN and NAS, IBM PowerHA and Enterprise Backup System (Spectrum Protect).
- Maintain and support Epic's IRIS database.
- Design, develop, and install scripts to alert and monitor for system errors, exceptions, system performance history, and general systems maintenance.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and support associated with the enterprise midrange environment
- Make recommendations for upgrades and/or new server hardware, peripherals, operating systems
- Provide documentation to other IS teams and Service Desk staff prior to implementation of newly installed products.
- Assist with establishing policies and procedures necessary for optimal system operations. These should include: the accuracy and integrity of system backups; automation of manual and routine operations; ensuring conformance with Information Systems, enterprise, security, and industry standards.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Provide proactive communication with customers and vendors to ensure operating system levels and system level patches or upgrades are applied to minimize performance and availability issues
- Provide effective capacity planning via standardized processes to collect and record server performance history. Communicate with application support and vendors to understand changes in application workloads and leverage historical performance data.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years' experience in a related field or 10+ years' experience required in lieu of degree.
- Provides on-call off hours support as needed.
- Excellent team, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Clear, analytical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to handle problems in a calm and responsive manner.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog