Senior Systems Administrator - Power Shell (Active Secret Clearance)
Fort Belvoir, VA Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Sr. Systems Administrator to be responsible for design, implementation and automation of PowerShell.
This position will analyze and evaluate major system project requirements of considerable complexity requiring a thorough understanding of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the system. Review user requirements and provide direction in the identification of problem and potential resolution. Provide analytical support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of complex, multiple inter-linked systems. Define system objectives and prepare system design specifications to meet user requirements and satisfy interface problems.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Systems Administrator will support the Government in systems administration. Primary focus may include the following:
- Must be able to write code in Windows PowerShell 5.0 and batch Strong scripting and packaging experience for administration, automation of processes and issue resolution;
- Experience performing remote deployments and integration of Windows 10 systems in a distributed environment;
- The candidate should have a DevOps mindset; with the ability to debug issue accurately and efficiently;
- Power BI experience desired;
- Must have strong knowledge of Windows OS' s;
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft s Active Directory and Group Policy;
- Working knowledge of SCCM is desirable;
- Good understanding of networking concepts and secure protocols;
- Effective written and oral communication;
- Develop and document processes and procedures in a clear and concise manner;
- Develop and test automated scripts and processes for software deployment and data gathering;
- Provide support and troubleshoot issues quickly;
- Provides windows server systems administration, installation, problem isolation and resolution within a CAN/WAN environment;
- Monitor, troubleshoot and repair software and hardware issues;
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of IT procedures, system configuration standards, maintenance and upgrades;
- Knowledge of overall networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS).
Knowledge of and skill in developing infrastructure as code in enterprise or enclave environments. This includes Microsoft Windows network environments using systems administration methods and procedures, software distribution tools and mechanisms, data recovery tools and techniques, principles and methods for integrating information system components, performance tuning tools and techniques, systems diagnostic tools, and fault identification techniques. Candidate' s knowledge should be sufficient to:
- In depth working experience with Windows 2012/2016;
- In depth working experience in PowerShell remote options;
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS) & Release Management (RM) and environment management related tasks with PowerShell;
- Monitor and troubleshoot systems availability;
- Ensure customers receive current versions of supported software as they become available;
- Install and maintain software;
- Control current versions and future releases of applications.
- Attention to Detail - Demonstrates thoroughness and contentious attention to detail;
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, makes recommendations and resolve issues;
- Oral Communication - Expresses information effectively, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds professionally;
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services, is committed to quality deliverables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent is required: Diploma from a technical or vocational school or an equivalent military/DoD training;
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred;
- Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements;
- Three (3) to Five (5) or more years of progressive experience providing IT implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support in a Windows server farm environment.
Candidate must possess the following certifications in order to meet the DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Information Assurance (IA) Requirement:
Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
- CompTIA, Security+ ce
- CISCO, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Security (CCNA-Security)
- GIAC, Security Essentials Certification: (GSEC)
- ISC2, System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Higher certifications that meet IAT III requirements are also acceptable. (Must be approved and verified by management.)
Applicant must also have at least one of the following Computing Environment (CE) training or certifications within 180 days from his/her start date:
- CompTIA Server+
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Windows Server 2012/2016
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Server Infrastructure
*Approved training may suffice for actual certification.