Senior Systems Administrator
512 Herndon Pkwy Herndon, VA 20170
Drive Service Operations for all end users. Monitor performance and service levels between end users, corporate IT, and outsourced service providers. Serve as the escalation point for the individual end user and the support organizations. Manage communication between end users, Corporate IT, and Service Providers until issues are resolved. Create and update SOPs, Best Practices, and User Procedures. Conduct user training as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Provide Tier 1-3 end user support including escalations and outsource vendor management for remote and local users. Be the escalation point for VIPs.
- Monitor Tier1 support providers including serving as the escalation point and continually improving standard procedures and processes to prevent repeated issues.
- Image and deploy Personal Computers, Windows based systems per standardized methods.
- Maintain inventory control for assets deployed both locally and in remote offices leveraging Manage Engine Service Desk (MESD), Manage Engine Desktop Central (MEDC), or other current tools.
- Document asset assignment by managing receiving, re-assignment, and retiring of all equipment; maintain record of assignments by Location, Job and User in MEDC, ERP, and other systems.
- Maintain accurate and current user accounts in AD, Email, Phishing Training, WinTeam (ERP), Mobile Management, and other systems.
- Provide configuration, maintenance, and support of our enterprise applications including Hosted Email going to O365, Active Directory (AD), Anti-Virus, ProofPoint, Druva, Zscaler, WinTeam (ERP) and other tools that serve and support the end users.
- Monitor and suggest improvements to production systems to optimize performance as it relates to CPU, memory, disk usage, Host workloads, content management, backup, archiving, and security.
- Provide documentation of all system changes in advance, communicating with stakeholders any potential impact before they are made, and fully testing all changes in advance.
- Monitor and report on our system performance including servers, SAN, printers, VMWare, WinTeam, and Citrix XenApp environments using approved tools including Veeam, Manage Engine, and other monitoring, alerting, remediation, and reporting tools.
- Prepare, test, implement, and maintain Backup and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Lead and implement new product initiatives from the technical perspective at the direction of the IT Director and Project Manager.
- Assist in the Physical/Logical design of the LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Keep current on advances in the Information Technology field.
- Evaluate, test, and recommend products to be used.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Director.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- 3-5+ years experience