Senior Windows Desktop Engineer (Secret Clearance)
Washington Washington, DC 20527
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Senior Windows Desktop Engineer to support customers on complex technical issues including problems related to enterprise networks, servers and workstations. Hands on experience with Windows Server, VMWare, Windows/Linux, SQL, DC and MS Exchange.
What you will work on:
- Respond to requests and inquiries from users and field support representatives within the pre-determined timeframe of our service level expectations.
- Investigate and resolve problems installing software as a result of complex environmental variables including VMWare and Windows Server.
- Identify solutions to work around open issues / problems that are under investigation or pending resolution
- Document, and track, case histories, issues, and actionable steps taken.
- Improve documentation of support policies and procedures
- Provided technical support training to other team members
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely responses to problems and queries.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to customers in troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving system and interface problems.
- Review installation documentations to verify Server Deployment success, and document recommended changes.
- Maintain detailed trouble ticket information using the existing Network Operations Center process database, assign proper severity levels, updating steps taken and issue resolution.
Required Experience to Succeed:
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of standard hardware and software systems
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and terminology
- Previous experience troubleshooting application-related problems
- Ability to install and verify software package installations
- Knowledge of information systems concepts and terminology
- Knowledge of online technical resources and ability to access same
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Visio and MS Office
- Basic knowledge of Linux, SQL, DC and MS Exchange
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide configuration management services on a dynamic changing program
Education (state required or preferred):
- Bachelor s Degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 8 - 12 years of related experience
Security Clearance and Citizenship Requirements:
- DoD Secret/US
- ITIL Foundations
- AWS Associate
- ASW Certification
- VMWare Associate
- VMWare Professional