94-025 Farrington Hwy Waipahu, HI 96797 US
Job Title: Service Coordinator
Reports to: Regional Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Regional Service Manager, the Service Coordinator provides administrative assistance to expedite the processing of customer, warranty, and internal work orders. The Service Coordinator assists the Service Manager in job closing by interpreting service reports and ensuring appropriate entries are made on completed jobs prior to billing. The Service Coordinator performs a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties pertaining to shop operation and work order control. The Service Coordinator is knowledgeable in all standard and extended warranty programs and works with the Sales department or other dealers to determine the type of coverage at the time of job opening. The Service Coordinator assists Service Managers in keeping customers informed on job status or changes on job status.
- Directs activities of the Service Clerk or additional clerical assistants who may be assigned.
- Reconciles the mechanic’s computer time card with payroll time attendance records.
- Opens all work orders for repair jobs, files documents in appropriate job jackets, and prior to closing all completed jobs, checks for errors.
- Orders supplies needed for repair jobs and shop use and issues purchase orders to the vendors involved.
- Assists with answering incoming telephone calls.
- Distributes all Service department’s incoming and outgoing mail.
- Reviews shop requisitions written by Parts department.
- Files all Service department literature, correspondence, and history files.
- Issues purchase orders to authorized shop personnel for the purchase of supplies.
- Obtains credit approval for revenue work orders as required.
- Coordinates with the Service Manager and Service Supervisor on status of jobs in process in order to keep the Work-In-Progress (WIP) at a manageable level.
- Ensures timely submission of service reports by mechanics for all jobs on the SIMS reporting system. Obtains SIMS reports to authenticate warranty coverage on equipment sold by other dealers.
- Works with warranty writers and administrators to process and submit Caterpillar warranty claims for reimbursement.
- Upon request, keeps the Service Manager informed on the process of quoted and flat rate jobs.
- Coordinates with the Customer and Service department and schedules pickups and delivery for equipment.
- Coordinates with the Service Managers and prepares work schedule for mechanics.
- Reviews Caterpillar service letters pertaining to safety modifications, PSP’s or PIP’s. Determines units located on Oahu, which require critical improvements, see that work orders are opened and initiate parts procurement.
- Coordinates with the Service Managers and contact customers to schedule contract maintenance or performance of PSP’s or PIP’s.
- Assists in preparation of quotations, facsimile invoices, reports, and other documents.
- Oversees maintenance of vacation and sick leave records for service employees.
- As required, researches customer’s complaints to determine if discrepancies exist and assists Service Managers in resolution of disputes. Processes any adjustments or corrections as directed by the Service Manager.
- Assists the Service Manager in administration of Hawthorne’s safety, credit, housekeeping, and other rules, policies, and procedures.
- Keeps the Service Managers currently informed on all matters of managerial importance.
- Performs other Service department duties as required.
- Assists manager to ensure departmental key metrics are monitored and sustained.
- Assists manager in identifying areas of training that are needed for support staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Drivers License with a good driving record.
- Must have PC skills.
- Must have customer service experience and be diplomatic, courteous, and have great attention to detail.
- Supervisory skills and experience preferred.
- At least 5 years in a service shop environment required.
- Walking: Moves about on foot, often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps, or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous paperwork.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Vision: Reads paperwork, employment files, and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communicates by radio, phone, and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk for extended periods.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in an office and shop environment with variations of temperature and weather.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog