Service Dept Manager
2450 Bluebell Dr. #C Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Service Department Manager
The Service Department Manager oversees the Service Department, including technicians, dispatch, and administration. The Service Manager is responsible for assuring that the division is profitable per plan, that customers are 100% satisfied, and that results meet STG quality standards.
Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides overall leadership and management of the Service team
- Conducts weekly Service meetings
- Determines technician training needs and assures training occurs
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates Technicians, Dispatcher, CSR and makes recommendations to GM for raises or terminations as needed
- Reviews and approves time cards for Service payroll
- Assists in the development of the Service division policies and procedures.
- Participates in development and implementation of marketing activities to assure division meets sales goals.
- Assures all invoices are completed and all appropriate paperwork is included with invoices, i.e., credit card receipts.
- Assures the flat rate book and Service pricing is up to date
- Processes billing
- Does data entry of invoices from the field and/or delegates files upon completion
- Assures all payments are given to Office Manager for deposit for this division
- Tracks Services A/R aging and follows up on collections.
- Backs up all Service calls in CSR/Dispatcher absence
- Approves schedule created by Dispatcher and communicates it to Dispatcher for customer notification
- Assists CSR/Dispatcher with phone calls
- Keeps customers informed of the status of their appointment or project.
- Reviews material lists for trucks on a regular basis and compares to jobs competed to assure effective use of materials
- Assures all required paperwork is complete and accessible
- As a department manager, participates in the company management team to ensure ongoing success and development for the future
- Participates in Service division annual planning
- Participates in the development of division budget
- Reviews division financial information including job costing and formulates strategies to improve where needed
- Effectively runs the Service department to meet division sales and margin goals and does so within budget
- Works effectively with other divisions so that all divisions’ needs are met
- Supports and promotes STG’ s customer-focused culture, which encourages collaboration, innovation, accountability, and professional development of all team members