Service Desk Technician
1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando, FL 32819
- Provide full first-level 24/7 support over the phone and email for all team members as well as 3rd party vendors and remote users. Includes troubleshooting, escalating, and resolving problems, generating and monitoring trouble tickets (via the incident management system) and serves as the single point of contact for all technology related issues.
- Communicate ticket updates, ETA’ s, resolution explanations and outage notifications with the business.
- Resolves user permission issues on multiple systems including, but not limited to, ISeries, Windows, VPN and industry standard applications.
- Troubleshoot basic technical problems via phone and email concerning network, PC hardware and software including industry standard applications and custom applications, cell phone, desk phone, Point of Sale systems for foods, merchandise and ticketing utilizing prior work experience, knowledge and training.
- Periodically participate in creation of knowledge articles. Create and submit Knowledge Base articles for review which will be used to provide quicker customer support in future interactions.
- May be required to perform daily and weekly scheduled AS400 operations procedures including, but not limited to, tape management, daily financial processing and reporting for foods, merchandise and ticketing as well as ISeries maintenance and monitoring
- Provide customer service as the primary interface between the IT team and the business.
- Log, assign, prioritize, and follos up on trouble tickets and requests using the incident management software.
- Assist users that experience printing issues and escalate when necessary.