2002 N. Lois Avenue, Tampa, FL
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US.
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
SUMMARY: Involved in all life-cycle phases of software development including analysis of the requirements, design of the software, as well as code and test.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Developing complex software solutions utilizing software development methodology within the systems engineering life cycle.
- Work within a team development environment using standard code editors and collaboration tools (JIRA, Git, Confluence, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Create functional and visually-attractive user interfaces using HTML, CSS, and TypeScript
- Navigate database structures and develop schemas, stored procedures and queries using SQL Server standard tools
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including ability to write readable code
- Write effective and useful unit tests
- Serve as a mentor to junior developers on the team, providing technical leadership and guidance
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’ s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent discipline.
- 6-11 years of software engineering experience
- Fluent in C++, C#
- Familiarity with ActionScript 2 and 3
- Ability to read, and generate UML based documentation.
- Experience with writing applications for Windows and Redhat Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design, Data Oriented Design, and Real-Time Simulations.
- Understanding of software development life-cycles and associated development techniques.
- Ability to properly document concepts and designs.
- Ability to model software architectures using software such as Visio or UML.
- Willingness to learn and improve skill set by working with a core team.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with source code management and version control systems using Subversion.
- Experience in the .NET family, including proficiency with C# and Linq\
- Experience in VB.net
- 3+ years of experience as a professional software developer
- Familiarity with database systems, including SQL and non-relational (NoSql) databases
- Familiarity with modern back-end web services design principles and techniques