Software Development Manager
4405 Metric Drive Winter Park, FL 32792
RSR GROUP, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Software Development Manager
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of IT Development
DATE SUBMITTED: August 2019
This position works closely with the Director of IT Development to direct and monitor the programming staff. The Software Development Manager will analyze system requirements and develop application software that support the company’ s business operations.
REGULAR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the Director of IT Development to oversee the planning and implementation of all business information systems.
- Monitors the status of IT software projects and communicates status to the Director of IT Development. Responsible for managing all software projects, which includes documenting status/project updates within Jira.
- Works with the Director of IT Development to evaluate and develop strategies for maintaining and enhancing system and program performance.
- Consults with internal clients to gather information regarding program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environments, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, time and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Consults with internal client to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet needs.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes as well as installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding programs and trains end users and technical support staff to use programs.
- Explores new technologies for future planning and potential implementation. Ensures that software in use is current and adequate to support RSR’ s operations and makes recommendations for hardware modifications.
- Supervises, motivates and educates employees.
- Evaluates, communicates and documents employee’ s performance. Conducts annual performance evaluations and submits completed reviews to the Director of IT Development, CIO and Human Resources for approval.
- Properly documents performance issues, employee relations issues and any other employment concerns promptly and provides the documents to Human Resources for filing.
- Works with Human Resources to recruit and hire new employees and develops training programs for new employees.
- Works closely with IT team to promote a positive work environment.
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: 7 – 10 Programmer Analysts
Undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field; five years related experience, which includes knowledge in various programming and scripting languages and experience with Linux. Strong management skills are required. This position also requires, project management experience, strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer proficiency in Excel, Word and Access, and strong organizational skills. Occasional travel is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY BE ADDED, DELETED, OR CHANGED AT ANY TIME AT THE DISCRETION OF MANAGEMENT, FORMALLY OR INFORMALLY, EITHER VERBALLY OR IN WRITING.