Software Engineer (Golang, API, Production)
4500 East West Highway #300 Bethesda, MD 20814
Kavaliro has immediate direct hire roles for a highly talented, innovative and creative Software Engineers to join its technology team. Experience with Go Language, REST APIs, and AWS in large traffic, multi-tenant, production environments.
We are looking for engineers that want to make a real impact in early childhood education. Company' s platform is evolving, and the ideal candidate would need to build new functionality and learn new technologies quickly as well as be able to maintain and extend existing code to support organizational needs.
What will help you succeed:
- 5+ years of production experience in software engineering and web application development
- Experience with designing and building scalable solutions in Go
- Production experience with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with AWS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Git version control system
- Understanding of modern design patterns such as SOA
- Excellent debugging and testing skills, and interest to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with Agile methodology and software development
- Commitment to following security and performance best practices
- Strong sense of collaboration, teamwork, and accountability
What you will work on:
- Develops new features, components and modules to support organizational growth
- Implements a robust set of services and APIs to power high-trafficked SaaS platform
- Participates in planning, analysis and design of new software solutions
- Investigates, troubleshoots and remedies performance bottlenecks in the application flow
- Learns new technologies and keeps up with both traditional and emerging best practices
- Works independently and collaborates with other members of the team to ensure successful delivery of projects
The Software Engineering team is responsible for building out SaaS solutions used by educational organizations across the globe. The team works on a wide variety of projects, solving existing problems and enabling new business objectives. We believe that great technology experts are also software generalists who are unafraid to jump up and down the stack to solve the problems that come our way. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working on software that supports millions of users daily, then you have an opportunity to join the technology group.