Software QA Manager
3001 Lava Ridge Ct Suite 100 Roseville, CA 95661
- Be an experienced hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs
- Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Define testing and test automation coding norms, including technology/tool selection, oversight of their implementation, and promoting continuous improvement through regular reviews.
- Recruit, hire, and lead an extraordinary team of QA Engineers and Software Test Engineers, with 4-6 direct reports and multiple 3rd parties.
- Provide expertise for Engineering and Product in all areas of software quality, including the deployment process. You will identify meaningful trends and practices, so we can release quickly and with high confidence.
- Responsible for scaling our automated testing in a continuous integration environment, defining and evolving our testing strategy in service of team and company objectives.
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to ensure that all deadlines and goals are met, as well as quality software is released on schedule
- Responsible for the end to end ownership of a QA team, including setting the technical vision for developing test frameworks and automation.
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing engineers, supporting the long-term career development of direct reports by helping them build their skills in software testing
- Bachelor' s degree and/or Master' s degree in Computer Science or 10 years of equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a people manager leading teams of individual contributor and leads
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including experience leading an Agile transformation for QA functions
- Experience in testing high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results
- Experience with designing test tools and frameworks with an emphasis on test automation and extending test coverage
- Experience with several different programming languages and test automation technologies
- Has experience and conviction around measures to quantify software quality
- Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes